Bringing Beadworkers Together - 28th July to 5th August 2018
Where would we be without our bead shops and traders? Twenty years ago we all struggled to purchase the variety and quality of beads that can be bought today, so we believe it is very important to support our bead businesses around the country to ensure that we continue to be able to buy the best products for our craft.
If you own a bead business in the UK please help us to help you by supporting International Beading Week and provide your customers with a wonderful experience during IBW. At the bottom of the page are lots of ideas of how you can get your customers involved in IBW, on the ‘Bumph’ page you will find a logo and artwork to use in your publicity and on the 'Goodies' page you will find lots of free patterns to offer to your customers.
We will also include a list of events taking place during IBW on the website; do let us know what you have planned so we can provide you with free advertising for all your activities and special offers (just email: email@example.com with your logo and the text you would like uploaded to the website).
Shops and Traders if you would like to have your International Beading Week event or offer advertised on this website for free email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email your logo and the text you would like us to upload
(please can you ensure that your text is proofed and ready to upload on the website. The IBW team are all volunteers and we would appreciate it if you kept the workload to a minimum please)
Ideas for International Beading Week
- Offer discounts to your customers to encourage them to visit your shop or website during IBW.
- Organise taster workshops to introduce customers to the products you sell.
- Provide free pattern downloads on your website to celebrate IBW or link to the free downloads on our Goodies page.
- Invite local beading groups to your shop and provide free tea and biscuits or organise an event together.
- Hold a Bead Bombing day or walk in sessions and invite beaders to add to your beaded chain (see our Bead Bombing page for ideas and free patterns).
- Hold a local beading competition to incorporate products from your shop/website.
- Provide free goodie bags for the first 50 customers to visit your shop during IBW or to place the first orders on your website.
- Hold an exhibition of local beaders work or open a gallery on your website and encourage beaders to send you images of their work.
- Take your internet business to a local beading group and enjoy the day together.
- Hold a raffle and invite local beaders to the draw during IBW.
- Invite a IBW Ambassador to your shop to provide a talk, demonstration or workshop or ask if they can provide a free download for your website.
- Provide free walk-in beading sessions for beginners to encourage new customers.
- Find out what’s happening in your local area during IBW and take a stall at your local craft fair or market.
- Decorate your shop with beaded and paper chains to create a party atmosphere or use our free artwork downloads on our Goodies page and decorate your website.
- Provide free packs of beads (with your business card) to your local beading group for them to use in their Bead Bombing activities.