Bringing Beadworkers Together - 28th July to 5th August 2018
Where would we be without our bead shops and traders? Twenty years ago we all struggled to purchase the variety and quality of beads that can be bought today, so we believe it is very important to support our bead businesses around the world to ensure that we continue to be able to buy the best products for our craft.
If you own a bead business please help us to help you by supporting International Beading Week and provide your customers with a wonderful experience during IBW. At the bottom of the page are lots of ideas of how you can get your customers involved in IBW, on the ‘Bumph’ page you will find a logo and artwork to use in your publicity and on the 'Goodies' page you will find lots of free patterns to offer to your customers.
We will also include a list of events taking place during IBW on the website; do let us know what you have planned so we can provide you with free advertising for all your activities and special offers (just email: email@example.com with your logo and the text you would like uploaded to the website).
Shops and Traders if you would like to have your International Beading Week event or offer advertised on this website for free email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email your logo and the text you would like us to upload
(please can you ensure that your text is proofed and ready to upload on the website. The IBW team are all volunteers and we would appreciate it if you kept the workload to a minimum please)
Ideas for International Beading Week
- Offer discounts to your customers to encourage them to visit your shop or website during IBW.
- Organise taster workshops to introduce customers to the products you sell.
- Provide free pattern downloads on your website to celebrate IBW or link to the free downloads on our Goodies page.
- Invite local beading groups to your shop and provide free tea and biscuits or organise an event together.
- Hold a Bead Bombing day or walk in sessions and invite beaders to add to your beaded chain (see our Bead Bombing page for ideas and free patterns).
- Hold a local beading competition to incorporate products from your shop/website.
- Provide free goodie bags for the first 50 customers to visit your shop during IBW or to place the first orders on your website.
- Hold an exhibition of local beaders work or open a gallery on your website and encourage beaders to send you images of their work.
- Take your internet business to a local beading group and enjoy the day together.
- Hold a raffle and invite local beaders to the draw during IBW.
- Invite a IBW Ambassador to your shop to provide a talk, demonstration or workshop or ask if they can provide a free download for your website.
- Provide free walk-in beading sessions for beginners to encourage new customers.
- Find out what’s happening in your local area during IBW and take a stall at your local craft fair or market.
- Decorate your shop with beaded and paper chains to create a party atmosphere or use our free artwork downloads on our Goodies page and decorate your website.
- Provide free packs of beads (with your business card) to your local beading group for them to use in their Bead Bombing activities.
IBW Ambassadors: Jewellery Maker
International Beading Week is here and we're so excited to be celebrating it here at JewelleryMaker.
To kick off the week, we'll be launching a competition offering Mega Bead Bundle PLUS a workshop experience with a friend, hosted by one of our guest designers.
We're excited to have the Beadworkers Guild very own Sylvia Fairhurst join us during our Seed Bead weekend (28th July).
IBW Ambassadors: CJ Beaders -Jane and Claire Halls (UK)
CJ Beaders are very pleased to be an Ambassador for International Beading Week. We are trying to make Beading more and more accessible to everyone, and IBW goes a long way to promoting the skills and pleasure of Beading. We are a small company with a big range, probably one of the largest choices in the UK. We pride ourselves on getting customers what they want and are always willing to order items in for them. IBW is becoming more widely known about down here on the South Coast, because of the efforts of the Beadworkers Guild, both locally and further afield. We will be running special discounts throughout the week - both instore and online so join our mailing list for up to date information- Happy Beading!!
IBW Ambassador: Bead Shop Nottingham - Steph Gibbs (UK)
Steph Gibbs has had a keen interest in beading and jewellery making from a young age and since graduating from a Fine Art degree in 2006 has been a part of the design team at The Bead Shop Nottingham Ltd. She designs and teaches bead weaving classes at their city centre shop as well as designing and creating many of the beading kits. She feels National and now international beading week is a fantastic way to encourage others into beading and show them that is a perfect way to relax and create something wonderful.
IBW Ambassador: Lynn Firth (UK)
I am delighted to have been asked to be an Ambassador for IBW. For over twenty years I have been seduced by the lure of tiny glass beads and sparkly crystals. There is just something magical about the colour and texture of these little beauties that connect beaders together. Beads offer wonderful creativity to the user and promote a peaceful, mindful, meditative feeling where you can forget any troubles as you immerse yourself into a beading project.
Since beginning beading and consequently running a bead store for nearly 20 years I have met so many people both through social media, the Studio and bead fairs, many of which have become life long friends and all sharing this enthusiasm for tiny pieces of glass. Beading brings so many people together and it is a great joy to be able to teach beaders, experienced and new, offer advice to and help students and customers choose the beads for their chosen projects.
Stitchncraft Beads will be offering workshops and Make and Takes throughout IBW finishing with a Beady Picnic on Saturday 4th August where everyone is more than welcome. Just bring your picnic, beads and wear some beautiful beadwork.
IBW Ambassador: Patty McCourt (UK)
I started beading in 2004 and have loved every minute of it! I thoroughly enjoy the entire process of creating a jewellery piece and over the years have tried many different techniques and materials in my creations. I have learnt a lot during all these years and I am happy to say that I am still learning.
I am delighted to be an IBW Ambassador once again. We want to encourage the younger generation, and anyone else who wants to get involved in this amazing and rewarding art form, and I am happy to play my part. I am proud of the hard work the BWG has put into this event and happy to see the success of it as it becomes a worldwide event. So, come along and join us and have fun beading!! Support International Beading Week.
IBW Ambassador: Old Bicycle shop (Surrey,UK)
We're very proud to have been asked to be Ambassadors for International Beading Week. We're particularly keen to grow the beading community and that needs all of us to try and get our non-beading friends interested in the hobby.
Beads and bead weaving have been an important part of my life for the last 13 years. After graduating in a Level 2 C&G in 2007, I decided to start my own business importing Czech Beads to provide more unusual beads to the beading world. We travel to the Czech Republic several times a year and bring back new treasures direct from the manufacturers. We hope to inspire some of you to try some new beads during IBW and we will have an exciting opportunity where you may get a chance to have your own custom printed buttons made!
Davida & Duncan